Here is the PDF of the challenge activities. Click here to open it. Below, you can find the text from the PDF.
“Find your Greatness”
Humanities’ Challenge Activities
Congratulations! Your work ethic has awarded you Challenge Activities. Prepare for your brain to sweat from hard work and joy! The following activities were designed to challenge you and expand your thinking about topics covered in class, and, of course, who doesn’t like extra credit!
1. As you know, any product you create should experience multiple drafts until the product is completed thoroughly. For every draft you complete, use a “My Goals Sheet” and attach it to the back of the draft. You will be notified if adjustments need to be made. Remember, all of your goals should be specific.
1. Create an “I am Poem” for a character in the book you are currently reading. Using text evidence, briefly explain how your “I am Poem” represents the character.
2. Create a Haiku (3 of the 5-7-5 lines) that expresses the mood of the book you are reading. Below the Haiku, using text evidence, explain how your haiku represents the mood of the book
3. Create a Haiku that expresses the mood of a character in the book you are reading. Below the Haiku, using text evidence, explain how your haiku represents the mood of the character
4. Read a book (about anything), and think up a creative “Book Report” idea. Please tell me if you are choosing this option (depends).
5. Create a CityScape (See Mr. Anthony for instructions) using your I am Poem
6. Create a haiku graphic (See Mr. Anthony for instructions)
7.Create another Poetry Tile using a different poem other than your “I am Poem” options are odes, and haikus. You are allowed to use an image of your choice, however, Mr. Anthony must permit the image before you print it.
8. Interpret a song. This is same activity that we did to interpret the Wind Cries Mary by Jimi Hendrix. Try to interpret the mood, the speaker(s), and any symbolism/ figurative language that live in the song. If you feel up to it, perform the song in front of the class. Don’t be scared! Mr. Anthony did it!
9. Create a song or rap that uses figurative language. If you need an example, reread the Wind Cries Mary. Remember, you can always play your song in front of the class!
10. Create a poetry page on your digital portfolio. Type your “I am Poem” into the page and record yourself reading it aloud. Please include a link of yourself reading it on the page.
As always, be creative! Got your own idea? Propose it to me!
*Don’t forget that need you need to complete all required work before you can receive extra credit points.