This is a very exciting day!! Today is the day we get to start our first classroom novel. The novel we will read in class to get a better understanding of ancient egypt is called Mara, Daughter of Nile. Anthony insert the summary of the book.
- Please click here if you want the Mara, Daughter of the Nile Book Club packet week #1. The File is a .Doc . If you would like the PDF please click here
- Please click here if you want/need graphic organizers to help keep your reading organized. If you would like to print one sheet out then select the page you want to print after you click print.
- Please click Section 1. The Nile River Valley if you would like to see the history students read in class.
- Please click here if you would like to listen to the required reading for the week. Click on “Download anyway”
- Please click here if you would like to see the site we used to research the Nile
A few notes about the “podcast”
1. I decided to create this because I wanted reading to be easier for students that have a hard time reading. I was one of those students in my younger years and I would have benefited from my teacher creating an “audio book.” (That is if audio books would have been in existence)
2. I never planned on creating an audio book. I decided to create one because there was not an audio book available on the internet, which means that I did not have a lot of time or knowledge to edit and rerecord my voice in garageband. There were times when I caught myself completely mispronouncing a word. I apologize for any confusion my mispronunciations may have caused.